Old Information and Guidelines Page
Old HIGNA meetings Guidelines. To Get back to the ASC Page please click HERE
- Our meetings are a mixture of closed or open meetings as indicated in the meetings format codes.
- Open: Denotes that all are welcome to attend the meeting but sharing is restricted to only those who identify as addicts.
- Closed: Denotes that the meeting is only for those who identify as addicts.
- These are the suggested Formats and Readings used in the HIGNA groups although each group, in autonomy, will adapt which readings and reminders etc they choose to use depending on the conscience and format of that meeting….
HIGNA Meetings suggested crib sheet pdf (opens on a new page in a pdf format)
HIGNA Meetings suggested crib sheet docx. (downloads in an editable Docx format)
- We ask that you please confine your shares to those matters relating to and affecting your recovery and the 12 Step Program of Narcotics Anonymous.
- We also ask that you refrain from abusive language and obscenities, personal attacks or expressing opinions on outside issues in line with our Traditions.
- Our 1st Tradition tells us that ‘Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends on NA unity’ and it is our collective responsibility to ensure that all our meetings retain an atmosphere of recovery, so we remind our members that disruptive or abusive behaviour that threatens that unity and the safety of the meeting place will be addressed in an as loving and caring a way as possible. Disruptive Behaviour in Meetings (link opens in a new widow)
- Anonymity Statement:- Tradition 12; Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.Tradition 12 tells us that anonymity is one of the core principles of our program and we would ask that when attending our meetings we all do our best to remember that gossip can be very damaging to our fellowship and individual members.
How our meetings work.
How to attend a Bluejeans meeting as a guest via a mobile, smart device, PC or Mac
(you do not need an account to do this)
- We highly recommend that you download the Bluejeans app appropriate to your device in advance of the meeting you wish to attend by going to this page HERE this is free to use as a guest.
- To see short videos on how to access Bluejeans meetings for the first time via the Virtual-NA meetings list site…
On a PC please click HERE (opens a video on a new page )
for doing that on Android devices click HERE . (opens a video on a new page )
- Select the meeting you wish to attend from the list on the ABOUT US PAGE and click the link a few minutes before the start time.
- This will open the Bluejeans App or page on your device,
- If you already have the App on your device there are 3 options on that page:
- a) Launch the app, (recommended if you already have it installed on your device)
b) Download it again (will automatically start the correct download, accept it if asked and once download has finished install the app to your device)
c) Join with browser (This will open Bluejeans in your browser page follow the prompts to enter the meeting)
- On the next screen you see you will be asked to enter your name*. Video is turned off in most of our meetings so please don’t change that setting and Microphones are automatically muted on entry. (To see which meetings do use video please look for the meeting format of “VO” that will be adjacent to each meeting in the list and which designates it as being Video Optional.
*It is of course individual choice but we would recommend that as we are meetings of Narcotics Anonymous that you may wish to simply put your first name and initial in order to protect your anonymity and in keeping with our Traditions..
- Click “Join meeting” and you will be automatically brought into the room
- Once you are in the meeting room you can un-mute your microphone to talk with other members until the members doing service start the meeting.
- To maintain member’s anonymity we conduct our meetings in audio only so you do not need a webcam in order to attend.
- If you wish to join the meeting online after the normal start time please follow the instructions 1 through 5 above as applicable.
- If you don’t have an internet connection you can also attend these meetings by telephone from over 40 countries.
- For a list of those countries and the applicable dial in number please click HERE (opens a new page to an external website) Calls to these numbers are charged at the applicable rate set by your Telephone Service Provider.
- Dialling-in from a Mobile or Desk telephone without video:
- Dial the applicable access phone number for the country you are in as shown on the list.
- At the greeter’s prompt:
- Enter the provided Meeting ID followed by the # sign. Press the # sign again and you’ll be in the meeting…(The applicable meeting ID number can be found next to each meeting in the list of meetings HERE)
- Please try to call from a room with minimal background noise, or alternatively use a telephone with a mute button in order to avoid background noise while members are sharing.
- To mute (and un-mute) your microphone within the Bluejeans system when using a phone press *4 on your phone keypad . You’ll see a visual indicator (Audio ON or Audio OFF) in the menu.
- As with any Narcotics Anonymous meeting we have a Chair, who having been elected by the Group, is responsible for conducting the meeting according to our guidelines and whose aim is to ensure that the meeting remains focused on recovery and carrying the NA message within our Fellowships 12 Steps and 12 Traditions.
- In order to maintain an atmosphere of respect please refrain from interrupting or making verbal comments whilst another member is sharing, but please do welcome members and acknowledge shares, as you would in any other NA meeting.
- If you wish to share then please wait until the person currently sharing has finished and the Chair indicates that the meeting is again open for sharing or send a direct message to the Chair asking to share next.
- Microphones are automatically muted during the meeting unless or until you wish to share, thank those who have or indicate that you would like to share. This is to avoid any possible feedback and background noises.
- In keeping with Tradition 7, Every NA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions. If you wish to make a contribution from the UK you may make deposits in the account shown below:
TSB, Highlands & Islands Group of NA,
Sort Code: 87‐34‐52 Account No: 82013560
- Alternatively or if you are outside the UK and wish to make a contribution you can do so via PayPal by pressing the Tradition 7 button at the bottom of this or the About Us page
(Links from this websites pages to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement of those parties or their products and services. The appearance on those Web sites of advertisements, products or service information does not constitute an endorsement by us, of those products and services.)
NB. These guidelines are transitory and subject to change as and when group conscience dictates.
Meeting Service Positions:-
- Meeting Chairperson
- Moderator or Host
- Greeter/Technical assistant
- Group Service Representative
- Literature Person (Directs members to appropriate sources of NA literature)
Area Service Committee positions:-
- Web servant
- H&I Representative
- PI Representative
- Regional Committee Member (RCM)
The Highlands & Islands ASC meets in the last week every even numbered month, details of the date, time and location of these will be regularly updated on the Group News page.
If you would be interested in doing service for this group then please contact us HERE
NB. Clean time requirements and service roles and responsibilities to be defined by group conscience and in accordance with those as defined by the currently Fellowship Approved “Guide to Local Services” and “Group Booklet” which can be found here:
The Group Booklet
Guide to Local Services
Group Treasurers Handbook:
Please note that Narcotics Anonymous is fully self supporting from our own contributions and is therefore unable to accept donations from Non Members.
Our 7th Tradition states that: “Every NA group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.”
We would ask that you might respect our Traditions and decline from making donations if you are not a member of Narcotics Anonymous many thanks.